7 THINGS MUST BE VERY CLEAR TO YOU.
1. Every Church has its own unique strengths and weaknesses.
No church is 100 percent Perfect.
One Church may be very strong with the Word, but very weak in Prayers. Another can be good in both the Word and prayers but very weak in Fasting. Some may be very strong in Fasting but very weak in Administration. There is no church that has everything.
2. Your Former Pastor and Current Pastor have different areas of Specialization. You can’t change it because you were not there when God called them. You just have to learn how to accept them and celebrate them. They will give account to God, not you.
3. All Churches are filled with human beings that must offend you if you get so close, relating with them. And even if you refuse to get close to any of them, you can still feel offended by what you see or hear in their midst. So don’t expect them to function as Spirits, it is not possible.
Even you have your own weakness.
4. No Church can solve all your problems. You have to become mature in managing the issues of life. Those who go to church only to solve their problems are never stable in any church.
5. Some Pastors have little time for visiting their flock, while some are at a level where such an assignment must be delegated to Elders and Deacons. The flock involved must know the Word of God for themselves, without looking for any Pastor for visitation and Prayers. What you don’t know, you cannot apply.
6. All churches have projects that Members must sow into periodically and seasonally. Some overdo it, but everyone does it. Some do it monthly, quarterly or yearly. There is no Project-free Ministry on earth. It is God’s Own way of Blessing His People. So don’t leave a place because they are building, You will end up going to build in another place. If not a new building, maybe a second building.
But the truth is that you are too SMALL to stop the work of God. If you are not there, it will still succeed.
7. Your former Pastor may be one of the best things that happened to you but you never valued him for being too available for you.
WHAT IS MY COUNSEL TO YOU?
JUST 5 THINGS:
1. BE PLANTED AND DEDICATED WHEREVER GOD PLACES YOU.
2. YOU DON’T CHOOSE PASTORS. IT IS GOD THAT GIVES PASTORS. STAY WITH THE ONE GOD GAVE YOU.
3. DON’T ALLOW YOUR PROBLEM TO DIRECT YOU TO ALL THE CHURCHES IN TOWN. GOD WILL SOLVE IT ANYWHERE HE PLACES YOU IF YOU GROW YOUR FAITH AND LEARN HOW TO APPLY THE PRINCIPLES OF GOD’S WORD.
4. NEVER LEAVE A PLACE IN A WAY YOU CANNOT ALWAYS VISIT THERE
BECAUSE YOUR EXIT WILL BE FAR MORE REMEMBERED THAN YOUR ENTRY.
5. IF YOU MUST LEAVE A CHURCH MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TO LEAVE FOR A GREATER ASSIGNMENT, NOT ON FLIMSY EXCUSES OF EXPECTING PERFECTION FROM OTHERS. YOU ARE NOT PERFECT TOO. NO ONE IS. GOD PLACED YOU IN THAT CHURCH TO PERFECT OR COMPLETE YOU
May we not miss the centre of the mercy of God ! Amen .